Thursday, March 20, 2008

15 minutes a Day

I HATE housework. I HATE laundry, and dishes, and mopping. I'm supposed to be cut out for this stuff. I'm a woman, right? Well I'd rather mow the grass, wash the car, or go to my regular job! ANYTHING but housework. Actually, I love to vacuum especially since I bought myself a brand new Kirby vacuum cleaner. OK, I was bamboozled by the girl at the door with a candle. I just wanted the candle, and next thing I know I am ambushed by the sales man, never to see the girl with the candle ever again! Hubby still laughs at me over this.
However, one CAN'T vacuum until the house is clean. I know, because I've tried. That Kirby is so powerful it will pull a weeks worth of dirty socks out from under the couch! I cant count how many times I have had to shut it down to pull something out of it that was not meant to be vacuumed up!
A few years ago my Sis-in-Law sent me to a website called Flylady.com. I followed instructions for awhile, until my email inbox got cluttered with her emails. The point of her website is to clean and declutter!
I looked around my house this morning, and I caved. Back to Flylady. Of course I dressed to the shoes before I did it, (see Flylady.com for details) and put in a load of laundry.This lady's techniques are really amazing though. She shows you how to declutter and clean in just a few minutes a day. One zone at a time! I am taking "baby steps" with it right now, because I cant even find where one zone begins and the other ends! However, it didn't get this way in a day, so it will take some time to get back in order.
I feel relief just from visiting her today. A place to start, and I know I don't have to be overwhelmed with it, because I set the timer and I'm done when it goes off. I have to do this every day or it wont work. I have to be committed.
I don't have a verse for this today! I only have conviction in my heart. I know what I'm supposed to do, and lately I haven't been doing it. How am I supposed to be happy and raise a happy family? I'm supposed to bless my family, and the chaos (Cant Have Anybody Over Syndrome) here is not blessing anybody. Except when somebody sneezes from the dust and we say Bless you! Hee hee!
Please pray for me in this area. I have grown allot since I first got married, learned a few things. My house is cleaner now than back then!
So I'm getting up, off the computer, off of my rear, and I'm doing my 15 minutes of declutter. Then maybe I can soak in a bubble bath for an hour without any guilt. First.............maybe I better use my 15 minutes to declutter that bathroom!
God bless you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol im still goin to laugh at you in the future when i see that you still have old kirby....

Nutmeg said...

FLYlady did work wonders for me way back when. It's not as easy w/ a larger family, though. Now that I am trying to get back on my feet since Emmy died, I am using a yahoo group run by a lady named AuntieM. We'll see what the new week brings!

Glad to see you working on your homemaking skills!!! ;o)