Monday, May 12, 2008

What a mighty God we serve!

WOW! WOW! WOW! GOD IS SOOOOO FAITHFUL.
This is my update to the prayer request I posted 3 weeks ago. I can never say thank you enough to you who pray for us.

Over the winter break I started searching for a new job. I put in several applications and resume's, and no one ever called. I wrote a post called "Set Apart" around the time I was to return to the Showboat for my 3rd season. I have been growing in my walk with God and one thing He really put on my heart was that I needed to be in the world, but not of it. I began praying hard. Another issue was working Sundays. I prayed and told God he was going to have to work out the Sunday issue. I went back to the Showboat. I tried everyday to do my work as if working for the Lord, and to remain set apart. I was still praying for the Sunday issue. I began putting in more applications. I probably had 20 of them out there this time around. I had my sights set pretty high, and was not going to settle for anything less than what my family needed. Know who called??? Not the hospitals and medical offices, it was the banks.
Three of them to be exact. I had several interviews with 2 of them, and was getting ready to accept a position, when the other one called. I went in for an interview, not sure what to expect. Besides, I had my heart set on a different one. The first lady I talked to told me that this bank was a little different than the others in town. They are a Christian bank! They have the 10 commandments on the wall, they fly the Christian flag, they have verses posted on the walls, and they pray before they make any decisions. Think this is coincidence for me??? Not a chance. More like an answer to my prayers.
I have been praying that I would find a job that works with my family first and foremost. Good hours, benefits, and no more Sundays. We have been praying over our financial situation, trying to get that right with God and be better stewards with our money. We needed a retirement plan, and health insurance that was affordable.

They called me yesterday and offered me the position. I accepted.

I am so very humbled by what the Lord has done in my life and my family's life.

Matthew 25:23"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

I have been brought to my knees in awe. What a mighty God we serve.

No comments: