Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Lord's Answer

2 Chronicles 7:14
14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

I just blogged about this verse, in my post titled "My Answer". I have had this verse on my heart for a few days. I understand now.
I'm tired and think I may have the stomach flu, yet I want to blog about this so badly! It may not be a great read, but that's OK.
I started my new job on Tuesday of this week. So far it has been terribly boring and I have had to fight to stay awake. Not a good way to start a new job! However, they are short staffed, and the lady that is my main boss is on vacation, so there is really nobody to train me. They have put me back in the bookkeepers office to watch them do their jobs. I think starting Monday there should be a little more for me to learn. I came home after day 1 and told my hubby I had learned so much, but couldn't say for sure exactly what I had learned. I found out it's a whole lot of nothing! At least how it pertains to my job anyway.

I have been praying over the job situation for some time. It finally came to a point where I was praying over which one to accept. I was so blessed in the fact that I had a choice of where I wanted to work, and there are other people who are struggling to find a job. I kept asking the Lord to give me something, a sign, a word, anything, to let me know where he wanted me. I wasn't getting anything. It was one of those times where I had to walk in faith, and hope I was making the right decision. It wasn't until I walked in the door of my first day on the job that I got my answer. Actually it became an affirmation. The verse posted above, that I had blogged about a few days ago, is posted behind the teller desk in beautiful bold large letters. I don't know how I missed it the other times I was in there. I did though.

Things are going well so far. It is a different world from the Showboat. My new job called me to offer me the position, and I had to call my boss at the Showboat to give my notice. It was a bittersweet moment. I loved my job there, and met some really neat people. I will miss it. When I called my boss, she told me things were very slow out there and people were begging to work. She let me go with out having to work my last 2 weeks. She told me I would be missed, and thanked me for 2 years of service. She told me to call if I needed to come back.

The Lord worked all of this out for me. I don't deserve it. I am humbled, and will always praise Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my hero kid!

Anonymous said...

You GO girl! I am so glad you prayed about this first, unlike what I do. But, I must be careful now to let God lead and me to shut up and listen to what He tells me to do. Love, mom