Sunday, June 1, 2008

Standing on His Promise

Isaiah 41:10 (New International Version)
10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

How is it that you can be going through life one day and everything is absolutely marvelous, not a care in the world, except for continuing to stay on the path that God has set before you. The next day you feel like you've been ran over by a mac truck, with not one problem but a series of things that you just never even saw coming. Ok, some you did, but they seemed to get worse as others arose. That is my life right now.

I have been working really hard at getting trained with my new job, learning to make new routines at home to fit my new full time hours, and still make the time for the family activities that have become so important to our family. It has been stressful, especially the day when the crockpot decided to quit on me, but for the most part I have enjoyed the challenge, and I am learning to be more efficient.

This last weekend I had some things arise that stopped me in my tracks. Things that have me questioning the path I KNOW IN MY HEART THAT GOD HAS SET BEFORE ME. I know these things because I have prayed extensively over them, and I have checked them against God's Holy word. I am learning to be obedient, and joyful to the tasks set before me, even housework. I am bearing fruit like never before, and I am just delighted in doing God's work. I even have tentative plans to go on my very first mission trip next year, I believe to Honduras, to an orphanage.

I know these are usually the times when satan works hard. He has tried and tried to get me to fail again, and while he has not succeeded in winning the war, sometimes he gets the small victories. I have allowed him a window here the last couple of days. The situations that have arisen are not my doing, but ultimately they are my problems now. How I handle them will be very important. This is a time when I have to reach deep inside and find what really matters. Realize where my own selfishness fits in, and put guilt in its rightful place. The first thing I had to do was reach out for outside help. I do not do well with this one. I am a stubborn proud person who doesnt like to admit defeat. Right now, I feel defeated, I feel like a failure, and I have not a lot of joy. The window I talked of earlier.

Actually, before I asked for outside help, I sat down and prayed. I thanked God for the trials that were before me, the struggles that will one day be just a memory. I know God holds me with His rightous hand. When I called my older sister for help, she didnt sugar coat things for me. She lives for God too. He directed me to her. I didnt like what she had to say, but knew it was truth, and it has helped my thinking to be clearer. She came into my life when I was 16, she was 19. My mother had put her up for adoption when she was born. I knew about her most of my younger years, and knew I would know her one day. I couldnt stand her when I was 16. She had encroached upon my territory, and it was just a really hard time for me. She is my mothers daughter, and my Dad had a brand new baby girl shortly after I had met my older sister. I was always the only girl. Just here the last couple of months we have started talking again. Both of us have had to do some serious prayer over our relationship, and where God wants us to go with it. When he answered my prayer the other morning and told me to call her at 7:30 am, I knew where He wants us to go with it. It will be a slow process, and should be. It takes a long time to build a strong bond, but we are getting closer every day. I love her.

I know the Lord is with me through this time. I will struggle with being dismayed, because I am human, but He has promised to strengthen me and help me. Through His strength I will be less and less dismayed. I am still fairly new at learning to trust Him, but He has never failed me. I will contnue to praise Him, even through my tears, and anger, and frustration. For I know the joy comes in the mourning. Thank you, Father.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, I KNOW prayer comes true, because I have been praying for you to know your older sister since I first knew her. You had some resentment and I KNEW why. You were the baby girl, and STILL are the baby girl, just like Ricky is my baby boy, even though he is now 32. I knew there was going to be resentment on your part becausse she was an interloper and intruding on YOUR territory, but I am so glad you have come to appreciate her, and I hope it helps you down the road, when I am no longer here for you. If you ever need to just tallk, call me and I will LISTEN. If you ask for advice, I promise to tell you what I think, but any advice must come from God's word. You see, I am really trying to live for Him also. If you have read my blog lately you would know that. I have rededicated my life to doing what He wants me to do, and YOU know how hard that is for me to give up control. But, I haven't had a lot of that in my life and I am really trying hard, and boy! is it hard! I found out I am a control freak! Who'd a thunk it? Being a Leo and all you'd think I knew that. DUH!

Anonymous said...

Hey sis, I am here for ya too as you did find out at 7:30 in the morning from a non-morning person. You are doing well, and will get through this, God has promised you that. By the way did mom just call me an antelope LOL just kidding.
Listen, when things get the darkest and looks like there is no way out, and it seems like your whole world is about to o down in flames, it is the joy you profess with your mouth that gets you through. Remember when they marched around the city of Jerico? Who was at the very front of the line? The praisers.... that is because through praise we enter the Holy of Holys. Next time things happen and you feel like you are headed for a melt down put the ipod, walkman, what ever on, and put on some praise and worship. Let that fill your spirit, Satan has NO CHOICE but to flee. The pysical situation may have a change in appearance too. Because you will have spent time with the Father. One cannot leave His presence the same. Not to mention it gives you time to cool off bit too.
I am here for ya girl ANYTIME day or night.
Love ya too

Anonymous said...

Mom is a control freak? Really, I ws unaware of that. DUH!!!! I think it is genetic cuz I am the same way with certain things... Too funny..
L,
K