Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's All About Me

That's right, its all about me. Me Me Me. Sound like anybody you know? Quite the popular phrase and mindset of today's culture.

In my quest to find true happiness, this is one of the first things God has opened my heart to receive. To find healing, I must grasp it. Embrace it. Allow it to permeate every ounce of my being.

Huh? Is that Biblical? So glad you asked!

Not if you look at it from a worldly perspective. In the world it is a form of instant gratification, selfishness, the idea that life owes you something, and worse yet, that you even deserve it. I get caught up in this too, ALOT, and it makes for a miserable existence. I must change my mindset.



My favorite thing to say when Jeff and I have a falling out is that he can make me mad faster than anybody I know. His favorite thing to say, to add coals to a fire already out of control, is that NOBODY can make me mad. ITS MY CHOICE! At that point I usually start grasping at anything and everything, sounding like a blubbering idiot, not even making a point that makes sense to myself. Ugh!

My flesh hates having to admit that he is right, but guess what? It's all about me.



"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.Romans 12:1-3 "



Wow! Did you read that??



I have been praying for a very long time that God would work on me in certain areas. My attitude is one of them. I want to be able to be content in all things, like Paul was, even when he was chained and hungry in jail. I don't want to be angry anymore. Anger is usually a cover up for several different emotions that we don't take time to work through, are too stubborn to work through, etc.. I refuse to be held captive any longer. I want to take the responsibility for the renewing of my mind, with Christ's help, and His truth. I want the negative out, the positive in. I want the glass to be half full, instead of half empty. I want to feel that it hurts, right down to the last tear, instead of stuffing it away like it doesn't really matter. I want to fight the good fight, not blaming and pointing the finger. In 100 years does it really matter who was right and who was wrong anyway? No, and there is only ONE true judge anyway.



I am working on building a bridge to forgiveness, peace, and happiness. I am learning to say, "God change me" instead of "God, please make him or her change."I will never be all that He has made me to be if I do not. And it's all about me. It's all about the attitude I take, it's all about taking the narrow road, it's all about turning the other cheek.

I am convinced that this one little phrase could change the world, one person at a time. It could, but it must be transformed into a life that does not conform with worldly ways.











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, you really have a gift in this area. You have a way with words in writing. God bless it richly. Love ya Rachel

Nutmeg said...

Wonderful post! Glad to see you back! Holler if you need anything.
Amy

Kristina said...

Great job little sis. You got it. It's a perspective that many times only comes through trials and tribulations. That is when we think of everything that is going on in our lives and something in our spirit clicks and we realize that it all does begin with us. Not anyone else. It is how we respond or not to people or events.

I know I have taken stock of things lately. It's interesting the avenues that God uses to bring us to that understanding.

You are growing in your faith and understanding. I sure do admire and love ya little sis. Keep it up kid your getting it. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've come to visit your blog through Amy's. I thought your post was very thought provoking. I'll be back to see your progress from Amy's writing course!