Monday, October 19, 2009

Why is our anniversary clock like our living room?

Hee Hee! For any one reading this, yes, this is what I am writing about tonite!! One of the exercises in the creative writing course is to pick the first object I see when I look up from my computer and then pick a room. I am going to attempt to explain how they are alike!
The first thing I see is my husbands anniversary clock that we have had forever! I picked the living room because, well, I don't really know why! So lets see how this goes!

I do have to say that my first thoughts are that they are both small and brown. Looking at the clock makes me think maybe it should actually be IN that room! It matches the decor. Oh, and I complain ALOT about both! I never have enough time, and I don't have enough room in this particular space! I am most focused on the fact that time holds so many memories. "Like the time that" and Remember the time when." My living room also holds alot of memories. From the deer head hanging on the wall, to the picture and frame of the waterfall, right down to the spots on the carpet! Also the memories of holidays past, (time!) friends and family gathered to fellowship, and family movie nights where we spent good quality TIME together.

I am sure there are many more things I could say about this subject, but I think I did a pretty good job with the association! Don't really want to over think it! I think that was a great exercise to get my juices flowing!

Till next TIME................
Stephanie : )

1 comment:

Nutmeg said...

Fantastic! Great thoughts going there! I really like how you brought the two together.

Oh, and btw, I didn't really post that blog post at 6am! I have my posts set to come out at a certain time and it is rarely when I've actually written them (hint..look under post options before you hit publish...you can write when you have TIME and then scatter them to come out at different times and days!)