Friday, October 9, 2009

Reflecting

Its been an eventful year since my last post! Some really great, some really awful. All of it life changing, all of it real. I dont think I will take the time to recap everything in one post, as their is stuff that I need to sort through yet, process, and put in proper perspective. Some of it will never have a "proper perspective" because that is just how life is. It is what it is.

I am feeling a little bittersweet right now. My life has taken on a new dimension today, as my husband has finally been realeased from the hospital after being gone for 106 days and nights. It has been a very long journey, and is not over yet. Getting from the night of the accident, through the 12 hour surgery and the 3 months of immobility is only part of the battle. The exhaustion that comes with putting one foot in front of the other on a day to day basis has come to a head with me. Tonight as my hubby is resting as comfortably as he can, at home, I have decided to start feeling it. All of it. To heal from it, to grow from it, to share it. I wish I could say that I have dealt with some of it already, but there has just been so much that has happened, I wasnt sure where to start. I'm still not, but I know WHO to start with. I begin it by saying that I count all of my trials pure joy, and I am thankful that God trusts me with the tasks He has given me. May I honor Him in all that I do, from this day forward, and may He reward me with the healing of my heart and my family. I am on a quest for true happiness, something I have not been for a very long time. Learning to be content with all circumstances, and learning to love with everything I have in me. Until next time, God Bless.

No comments: